Hiking involves covering long distances on foot. This is done as an outdoor recreational activity. Hiking gives people a chance to experience nature in its most pristine way. USA offers numerous trekking trails to people who enjoy hiking.
Following are 5 of the best hiking trails in USA:
- Appalachian trail – This trail never crosses a paved road. If the train is started from the northeastern side, then the first 30 miles cover most of the beautiful features that this trail offers. It offers visitors rocky rushing rivers, lush maple forests, panoramic view of the rustic backwoods of Maine as well as the Lower Wilson Falls.
- Cascade Mountain – This is a suitable trail for beginners. It offers a beautiful view of Lake Champlain and New York’s Green mountains. It is named ‘Cascade’ because of the water fall at the base of the mountain. It is one of the 46 Adirondack peaks.
- Mount Tom Traverse – It is a part of the Metacomet-Monadnock trail. It offers the birdwatchers a wonderful experience. The trail includes an elevation gain of 200 feet, view of the wilderness of Massachusetts view of the Connecticut River as well as Goat Peak.
- Tammany – This mountain is located in New Jersey and overlooks a stunning view of the Delaware water Gap. The trail is of a convenient distance for all hikers. The main loop is only 3.5 miles long but it also includes a slope, which makes up for the short distance.
- Franconia Ridge Traverse – This trail links mount Liberty, Mount Lincoln, Little Haystack and mount Lafayette. It runs across from the north to the south and plunges into the river valleys of the Walker Brook and Lincoln Brook.
To make the most of the time spent on these trails hikers can use Best Trail Shoes for Hikers.